Thursday 19 February 2009

Hi-Ex 02. Trip report.

I make no secret of stuff I like- Comics, Pies, Diet cola, Disney amonst some of them. One of the more recent ones is Hi-Ex! The comic convention organised in part by my compadre in many things Richmond Clements and Vicky Stonebridge.

I thought last years event was good. This years was better. Why? Well I suppose it comes down to people. This convention is still small enough that I think it possible for almost everyone to know everyone else there, which I can't say about Bristol or Brum.



Two of the funniest lads I've ever met, Colin and Sean. I expect both of these lads to be comic creators of the future, and I honestly believe that they could talk the devil into setting himself on fire. And they were just two of the wonderful children walking around, from the adorable Judge rose (who doesn't realise that her Dad is in fact, EVIL) to little Shayera, dressed as Wonder Woman.

It was a blast to be able to catch up with a lot of comics folks who do not normally attend conventions, seeing as the majority of them are waaay down in the depths of England. The apre con drinking in the Ramada was a highlight, with the opportunity to talk to folks who I'd only been able to wave at in the day.


Heh, pic of me being Judged by Minty. Great fun.

I was lucky enough to spend some time with the amazing Al Davison, and discover that he's got a wicked sense of humour, for someone with a voluntarily limited digestive pallette :)

There are too many folks I should thank for their kind words about the comics, and I hope to be able to thank them properly when time allows, but for now I just really want to say that I'm already looking forward to next year and Hi-Ex 3!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just an awesome event. Was great meeting everyone. So excited for next years event - don't put it on Valentine's weekend though!

Thanks to everyone who put the work in such as yourself, Richard and Vicky.

Dave
www.sonicsring.com