Friday 26 February 2010

FQ15: Coverstory.

FutureQuake15 boasts a cover from the rather splendid Gibson Quarter, to go along with the Extinction Hunter strip that he pitched to us.

Once GQ kow he was on the cover, he sent me a few roughs to choose from. Actually he sent these round some arty types he knows and once he had their feedback- he mailed me to see if I thought like they did. The images he sent me were:




And we all chose the third version, which GQ turned into:



And then Keiren Smith added her colours and we got:



Which is due to go to the printers on Monday, ready for Hi-Ex 03 at the end of March.

2 comments:

Pete Wells said...

Futurequake Uncovered! I love it!

Great work yet again by Gibson Quarter, I hope he gets a gig in the Prog soon...

Emperor said...

I love it when Pete does it and I love it here too!!

Weirdly, I just saw a similar breakdown of a cover development for a Kitty Pride cover and the artist offered four thumbnailed alternatives, the one being chosen was the bottom right one. Perhaps it is some unshakeable law of the universe - always pick the bottom right one or ignore the first two ideas you have and go with the third? We might be onto something.