Tuesday 24 November 2015

FQP November reviews!

FutureQuake #28- Cover by Steven Austin & Darren Stephens- available now.

As is usual here at FQP, I'll be posting reviews as I see them, and so if anyone out there sees a review for a FQP title that is not mentioned her, please let me know where it is.

Reviews for small press titles are rare- so we tend to treasure them. Even the bad ones...

First up is a review received by email from Martin Feekins- 
Hi,
Just thought I’d drop you a note to say how much I enjoyed the issues of FutureQuake and Something Wicked (nos 28 and 11 respectively) that I picked up at Thought Bubble in Leeds.
It’s great to get a glimpse of the huge array of talent out there. With opportunities limited within mainstream British comics, FQP is invaluable.
In FutureQuake 28, I particularly enjoyed the art of Neil Sims and Steve Austin and the writing of Mike Yeoman and Michelle Wilkinson. In Something Wicked 11, I’d say the highlights were the art by Bryan Coyle and Shaun Speight and the scripts of Ryk Brink and JJ Robinson. But that’s just because I felt I had to pick a few highlights – it was all interesting, at the very least. 
Anyway, future (and at some point past) issues of FutureQuake will be on my “to buy” list.
Best wishes,
Martin Feekins

Thanks Martin. 

Next up is a review by 'Judge Tutor Semple'  over at his blog- many thanks for the unbiased opinion.

Thanks to Andrew Girdwood over at Geek Native for this review of FQ#28.

No comments: